Food fortification is one of the most effective, scalable, affordable, and sustainable ways to address micronutrient deficiencies is fortification of staple foods. To support in scaling-up of food fortification in the country your company can provide assistance in various activities such as:
- Awareness programs - conduct activities to sensitize various stakeholders about benefits of fortified staples and bursting myths through cooking and tasting demonstration, dissemination of IEC material etc.
- Research Activities - conduct research related to food fortification in the area of innovative technologies, new product development, shelf life studies, efficacy studies, monitoring and evaluation etc.
- Training and capacity building - organise trainings for frontline workers, government officials, lab analyst, students on quality assurance of fortified staples.
- Plan for conducting a cooking and tasting demonstration of fortified rice to create awareness on importance and use of fortified staples at household level distributed through safety net programs (SNPs). As fortified rice does not require any change in behaviour, an awareness campaign on importance of fortified rice and ease of use is needed to build trust of people.
- 'Rice provided under govt schemes to be fortified by 2024' - by Hon able Prime Minister Narendra Modi.