The National Association of Street Food Vendors of India (NASVI) organized the 8th Annual National Street Food Festival in partnership with Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Government of India, from 23rd to 25th December 2016 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
The Festival was inaugurated by Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy , Honourable Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. Shri Pawan Agarwal was the Guest of Honour.
The Food Fortification Resource Centre put up a stall to promote food fortification in partnership with Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) and Roller Flour Millers’ Association (RFMFI).
1. Fortified foods like Wheat Flour, Edible Oil and Double Fortified Salt (DFS) were displayed at the stall
2. Advocacy material and FAQs were distributed to the visitors
3. A Quiz Competition was organised to create awareness among the public about food fortification. About 2500 people participated.
4. Flyers were distributed to the visitors along with a short questionnaire for awareness and survey research.
5. A lucky draw was held for visitors who filled out the survey form. The prizes awarded to the winners included a gift hamper of packets of fortified oil and wheat flour to encourage use of fortified foods.
Over 135 vendors from 25 States participated in the festival. Over 300 popular street foods were cooked and served to the visitors. It was an entertaining and informative festival that educated over 25,000 visitors on various aspects of good nutrition and food fortification
© Copyright 2016 FSSAI